Effective: 15th of May 2021
Kamia and its affiliates take your privacy seriously. Kamia provides:
(1) Kamia branded hardware, firmware, and software products (“Products”), (2) website(s) that may be accessed at http://www.kamiatech.com (“Sites”), (3) software that may be downloaded to your smartphone or tablet to access services (“Mobile Apps”), and (4) subscription services, including services that can be accessed using the Mobile Apps (“Subscription Services”). The term “Services” means the Sites, Mobile Apps, and Subscription Services, which may be used in conjunction with Products and in other ways provided by Kamia. Some Products and Services of Kamia can be used together or in ways that integrate with products and services from third parties.
Information we collect
1.1. Information you knowingly provide to us
We collection information you knowingly provide to us. For example, we collect information when you register for an online account, update your online account, make a purchase, register for programs, or participate in customer research. We also collect information when you use, upload, post, or share your information on our Products and Services, or through our Sites.
Information we collect about you may include your name; email address; street address; mobile, home, and work phone numbers; payment information; account information (such as user ID, password, Product and Service preferences, contact preferences, firmware version, IP address, and MAC address, etc.). You may also provide other information that potentially could be used to identify you, such as the names and images that you associate with account users, your locations, devices, scenes, device configuration details, demographic information, third-party account credentials, schedules and audio/video recordings. Further, you may upload, share, or post on our Sites or through our Products or Services. For example, you may post information in a public space on our Sites, such as on message boards. As another example, you may choose to upload, share, or post audio or video content recorded by your Kamia Camera.
1.2. Information we collect automatically
We also automatically collect browsing and usage information, which may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, MAC address, access times, location, mobile device information, operating system, browser type, certain demographic information, application information, and other information associated with how you interact with the pages and Services.
1.3. Information we receive from other sources
We may receive data from other sources including, but not limited to, third-party service providers which you have integrated into our Products and Services and/or voluntarily have provided with data and/or from affiliates, partners or others that we use to fulfil our obligations to you as a customer. You should carefully and diligently review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of those third party products and services, and we will consider your decision to use those third party products and services with our Products and Services to be a representation to us that you have consented to the third parties’ terms and practices.
How we use your information
We use the information collected for the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Products and Services;
- Process and fulfill your purchases;
- Develop new Products and Services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Kamia and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Products and Services;
- Comply with our legal obligations;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Kamia and others;
- Personalize your online experience and the advertisements you see when you use our Products or Services or third-party platforms based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and purchasing behavior.
How we share your information
We may share your information in the following situations:
- With our corporate family: we may share your information with our corporate family, including our affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Service providers: we may share your information with third-parties to assist in our business operations or to provide the Products and Services (e.g., for software maintenance services, advertising serving technologies, e-mail services, delivery services, database management services, web analytics and other services).
- Other entities with your consent: You may choose to integrate certain third-party services with the Services. By doing so, you authorize us to transmit your personal information to third parties when you choose to integrate their services with our Services. Information collected by such third-party services is subject to their own terms and policies, all of which you are carefully and diligently review.
- Marketing: we may aggregate anonymized information from you and provide it to our third-party marketing service providers for our promotional and/or marketing practices.
- Change of control: we may share your information as part of a merger, acquisition, asset sale, asset purchase, financing, bankruptcy, or other change of control.
- Responding to legal requests: we may share information where we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with applicable law or legal process or (b) respond to actual or potential complaints or legal claims, or where otherwise necessary to protect our rights, interests and/or property (including, without limitation, to enforce our agreements), or the rights, interests and/or property of our agents, independent contractors, customers, and others.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by the recipients to identify you.
We use commercially reasonable safeguards, including encryption and SSL technology, to help secure your personal information. While we strive to always protect the privacy of your account and personal information, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that such information on the Products or Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. To help secure your account, please select strong passwords and protect your account by limiting access to your computer, device, browser or application and by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. If you use a third-party service to sign into your account, you should protect that account accordingly as well.
Information from outside the United States
We process and store information in the U.S. and other countries. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to the United States or our offices in other countries. Our Sites are subject to U.S. laws, which may not provide the same level of protection as those in your country.
Cookies and similar technologies
You may block or delete cookies and control data collection through your web browser settings. However, adjusting your browser preferences may impact your experience with the Products and Services.
Kamia gives you choices regarding your information. For example, you can:
- Update your account information and settings at any time by accessing your Mobile Apps, Subscription Services
- Control how and when you want to receive notifications from us in mobile App
- Opt-out of our email service by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails.
- Not use feature and service that require you provide your information and data, such as our community post or video storage.
- Request account information and data deletion by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
You may not opt out of administrative emails for your registered account (e.g., emails about your transactions, policy changes, forgot password and confirmation emails).
Our Products and Services are not directed to, or intended for, individuals under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 16. If you believe that we have any such information, please notify us immediately using the contact information provided and we will delete the information as quickly as possible.
Your California privacy rights
This section applies to you if you are a California resident and includes disclosures required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Categories and Sources of Personal Information: In the past 12 months, we collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers (such as a name, email address, and device identifiers); demographic information (such as age or gender); commercial Information (such as purchase history); internet or electronic network activity information (such as browsing and usage data); geolocation data; audio, electronic, visual, or similar information (such as videos and images); professional or employment related information (such as from our volunteer testers); and inferences (such as approximate location).
Please refer to our “Information we collect” section above for more details on the information we collect, including the category of sources from which this information is collected.
Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting Personal Data: We collect this personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in “How we use your information” above.
Categories of Third Parties with Whom We Share Personal Data: We share your personal information with third parties as described in the “How we share your information” section above.
Sales of Personal Data: Kamia does not sell your personal information. We do allow third parties to collect certain device identifiers and internet and electronic network activity via our Services for advertising purposes.
CCPA Consumer Rights: Subject to certain limitations and exceptions, the CCPA provides California residents with the right to request access to their personal information (along with the right to know additional category-level details about the information we collect), to request deletion of their personal information, to request to opt out of any “sale” of their personal information that may be occurring, and the right not to be discriminated against. Please refer to the Contact us section below to submit a rights request. We will verify your request by asking you to provide information that matches information we have on file about you or by having you log into your account to submit or confirm the request. You can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf, but we will require proof that the person has been authorized and may still ask you to verify your identity with us directly.